Digital Peninsula Network (DPN) has substantial government and EU funded contracts to provide training and business support services throughout Cornwall and the South West. As a result, DPN is expanding its team of dynamic and skilled staff.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a competent marketing/business development professional to join the team.
As a Marketing / Business Development Officer, you will be responsible for the development and delivery of a programme of multi-channel marketing initiatives to support our portfolio of projects. You will support the business development work at DPN to gain a full understanding of our customer base which will in turn help to inform our marketing strategy. You will also engage businesses and individuals in training throughout the South West
1. You will work with the Managing Director and relevant Project Managers to plan successful marketing campaigns and evaluate performance to inform future developments, in line with DPN’s strategic aims and objectives.
2. You will create a variety of media, including website content, e-newsletters, press releases etc ensuring that all content is on-brand in terms of style, quality, and tone. You will ensure that all content is optimised for search engines and social promotion.
3. You will be responsible for the Digital Peninsula Network website and other project websites as directed, in terms of adding content and ensuring that the content is up to date and relevant.
4. You will be responsible for DPN’s social media presence.
5. You will track performance and monitor analytics to measure the efficacy of each campaign.
6. You will line-manage our Digital Marketer apprentice(s), providing support and guidance to enable them to become a successful digital marketer and successfully complete their apprenticeship.
1. You will engage businesses and individuals in European Social Fund and Education and Skills Funding Agency funded training and apprenticeships to fulfil the requirements of the contracts held by DPN (including the organisation of training provision, business networking events, seminars and focus groups).
2. You will ensure outstanding customer service is delivered through initial and ongoing engagement with employers and individuals and develop and maintain excellent client relationships.
3. You will develop and maintain professional working relationships with staff to ensure that the training provided is of a high standard and meets the needs of the businesses.
4. You will work within the team to keep the projects on target and according to the agreed schedule.
5. You will monitor the progress of learners enrolled on training courses and ensure that course retention, achievement and success rates exceed the required level set by the ESFA and DPN.
6. You will submit progress reports to your line manager, ensuring that the data is accurate, as and when requested.
7. You will monitor the eligibility of project participants, checking eligibility with the Admin Team/Project Manager/Managing Director where necessary.
8. You will participate in Project Team performance reviews.
9. You will work flexibly and fulfil the above tasks, in addition to any other tasks required by DPN efficiently and with a high level of accuracy to maintain the highest professional standards and practices
Salary: £28,000-£35,000 negotiable, dependent on experience
Job type: Full-time (subject to satisfactory completion of 6-month probation period)
Reporting to: Managing Director
Closing date for applications: noon, Friday 28 August 2020.
Please complete and return your application by email to email@example.com.
Curriculum Vitae will not be accepted, application forms only.