We are looking to recruit a forward-thinking, capable project manager to join the team at Digital Peninsula Network Ltd, Penzance. Digital Peninsula Network (DPN) is a technology-driven, dynamic organisation which offers a range of services including training provision, networking events and marketing support. DPN represents the views of businesses in the ICT/Digital sector throughout Cornwall and the South-West and helps to attract funding and further support for businesses.
The post holder’s primary responsibility will be to ensure the smooth running of the Digital Boost Cornwall project at Digital Peninsula Network Ltd.
Digital Boost Cornwall consists of two separate, but linked programmes focussed on:
a) raising vital digital skills in unemployed or economically inactive people, thereby improving significantly their chances of gaining sustainable employment
b) supporting local businesses to increase business competitiveness, through improving their digital skills base and digital capacity by supporting them to employ those who have been trained in digital skills.
The post holder is responsible for ensuring that the project progresses to plan ensuring that the targets are met i.e. within the planned timescales, cost and parameters set for each stage within the project.
- Take responsibility for the overall coordination of the Project, ensuring that the project is delivered on time and within scope and budget.
- Take responsibility for tracking and analysing the projects’ performance, monitoring deliverables vs targets, expenditures, and report about any possible issues, risks and deficits to the Project Director.
- Communicate to the Managing Director regularly any changes to the project scope, schedule, income etc.
- Work with employers to analyse their business needs providing a minimum of 15 hours business support for 23 businesses.
- Overseeing and validating the collection of all project data and reporting to/liaising with the Managing Authority.
- Managing the partnership, ensuring partners are clear about targets, budgets and compliance.
- Based on the scope and requirements of the Project, you will translate them into tasks, schedule and assign tasks within the Project Team in liaison with the Managing Director / Project Director.
- Driving forward and overseeing delivery, line managing the Skills Brokers and Skills Tutors and organising training schedules.
- Work with the Finance Manager regarding project claims to ensure that all procedural requirements are met, all records are accurate and up to date and within budget.
- Work with the Finance Manager regarding project spend/income ensuring that all records are accurate, up to date and within budget.
- Work within the team to keep the project on target according to the agreed schedule.
- Ensure that all procurement policies and practices are adhered to for the Project.
- Facilitating Steering Group Meetings, reporting back to the Project Team accordingly.
- Facilitating the quarterly Operation Group meeting, recording and disseminating information to Partners, following up actions and report back to the Project Team accordingly.
- Build a strong team by cultivating successful working relationships between team members and illustrate how individual team members affect the success of the entire project.
- Monitor eligibility of project participants and ensure that state aid rules are complied with at all times.
- Oversee the work of the Project Team.
- Take responsibility for creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation, ensuring that all requests to partners for information are received in a timely manner.
- Participate in the Project Team performance reviews and annual appraisal process.
- Perform quality assurance.
- Provide the lead in closing the project and ensure that all necessary requests for documentation are met in a timely manner.
Employment Basis: Fixed term to 30 June 2023. The contract could be extended post June 2023 subject to other funding.
Salary: £30,000 - £33,000 pro-rata per annum
Reporting to: Managing Director
Closing date for applications: noon, Friday 17th September 2021
Please complete and return your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Curriculum Vitae will not be accepted, application forms only.
COVID-19: DPN considers the safety of its staff and learners to be of paramount importance. All employees are currently working remotely and will continue to do so until such time that the management decides that it is safe and appropriate to return to the office.