British Small Business Champion Award applicants may also enter the following award categories if desired:
• Manufacturing - for businesses which are making an outstanding contribution to the advancement of manufacturing.
• Services - for businesses which deliver services in an exceptional way.
• Retail - for outlets which demonstrate that they are at the forefront of independent shops and show a real commitment to community retailing.
• Young Entrepreneur - for those aged 25 and under, on 31 January 2007, who show excellent potential to succeed in the longer term.
• Innovation - for businesses which have successfully developed groundbreaking services, processes and ways of dealing with customers.
• Ethical Business - for businesses which apply ethical values to business behaviour, encompassing all aspects of business conduct. This should be demonstrated by a positive impact on staff, local communities and the environment which has led to real benefits.
With the exception of the Young Entrepreneur category, businesses must have been trading for a minimum of five years.
Regional winners are announced at an awards dinner in each of the six regions: Central, North, South, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. National winners and the overall British Small Business Champion will be announced at an awards dinner held at a London venue in June 2007, to which all regional winners will be invited.
The 2007 closing date for receipt of applications is 31 January 2007 (5pm).